View Single Post
      12-14-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
Two Sheds
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper JCW

Loads of accidents last w/e

Not sure if this has been posted since I've been away for the week. On our way to the airport last weekend (6th Dec around 2pm) I think I passed he most number of accidents I've ever seen. There were at least 5 separate accidents on the 407 that we passed between McCowan and the 427.

As we pulled on to the 407 at McCowan there was a two or three car rear ending, then a bit further up a truck in the ditch, another rear ending on the other side. We started fish tailing a bit and slowed down. Then a white SUV spun off from the middle lane into the ditch on the right. At this point I have sort of forgotten how many more I saw. Half of them seemed to be cars having just spun off into the ditch on their own. We did see what looked like a fairly major accident on one of the bridges over the 407 (maybe bathurst) where we just saw the flashing lights of several emergency vehicles.

And after seeing all this people were still driving like idiots weaving in and out of traffic at pretty high speeds for the conditions.
Appreciate 0