View Single Post
      05-20-2008, 06:08 AM   #20
StarrDlux
Pussycat's Meow
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i montego | Stock

Not many grrls that do ecu tuning; computer engineering; and software design in these forums? I like boost and chanel and LV and BMW

sorry i'll try to be less geeky. Ya know when you get excited you start typing away.

You know you can ask your CA to go fetch this information for you. He does give a poop.

I made mine go find out if the iDRIVE supported Bluetooth 2.0 EDR + A2DP to stream from my phone to the stereo; the answer was no. This was before i got the car. Some CA's are actually smart and will go research things for you.

I'm suprised at the general lack of information on the can bus protocol. It's not that to make a port sniffer on the can bus and take it in for service. (similar to a voice recorder but digital). Then let them service the computer and reverse engineer the protocol so you can get data from the ecu like they do.

Spend enough time with their system and you'd have enough of a record of all functions to reproduce them into an app "vag-com for vw audi". Thats how they cloned the VAG-1552 unit for the most part.

Does nobody have interest in this geeky stuff for bmw? or maybe i'm in the wrong forum.
Appreciate 0