urfankhaliq
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Millers has long been in the additive business for enhancing diesel fuel. Cleaning agents, cetane enhancing and added lubricity. Certainly a savior when we went ULSD, from the dirty old high sulphur diesels. Lubricity was compromised and the additives sorted the issues for many users.

Totally accepted in the diesel industry. Manufacturers of injection equipment like Delphi, StanaDyne and Lucas make there own 'similar' products.

With typical premium diesels, you get the additive package, so no need to 'dose' the fuel.

I run BP Ultimate mainly for the cleaning properties, with the benefit of smoother running and more mpg. Typically you get better combustion, shows up best at steady speed/load driving, when a diesel engine is in the high efficiency range.

I've had lots of experience with many diesels over the years, fuel can make such a big difference for smoke levels and performance/mpg. VW engines, in my particular experience, can be so different across the range of fuel quality.

HighlandPete
In order to have the benefit of the cleaning properties etc would you need to use it all the time or would you benefit from it straight away?

Also can you recommend a certain millers product I should use with my 320d?

Urfan