12-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #146
E90inSC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 328i

Update 12/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpecka View Post
Coding should not be so hard to do. See in the coding section how to order a cable for ~80$ and add the VO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan18 View Post
E90inSC, can you tell if your Euro-spec kit wiring harness matches up with the harness in your US car? Also, did it include the proper seat modules?
Coding does seem to be an issue. After talking to a few people, they all go the way of aftermarket for this option. This goes for my local BMW dealer as well.

The guy who originally quoted me $250, now says it cannot be done since the car was not ordered this way. By the way, if it was ordered with this option, I wouldn't be asking.

Then I went to a guy that has an Autologic unit. They are still debating whether it can be done or not. I would like to have a better idea that it can be done before spending the cash on parts, so I'm at a standstill. We are trying to determine if they can code it before the install.

I really want to get this done as the weather is turning colder here and my cheeks don't like the cold seats in the morning and after work.

Anyone who can shed some light here is welcome to comment.

UPDATE 12/2: Found a guy in CLT that thinks he can code the car for $60. Waiting for final word.

Last edited by E90inSC; 12-02-2011 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: addition
Appreciate 0