smallseafishie
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 07 e92 335i + AW 11 X5 35d

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster4075 View Post
I have all of the same parts (including the thigh heater elements) and mini-modules (as supplied from the guy in the UK who puts them in all of the time and says it works.) However, I haven't the time or cold weather motivation to install it...yet. It still sits in a box in the garage. My seat heater switches, too, have been in the car for months...

Sounds like it should work - wiring is simple, and it makes sense. I don't see why not (especially since UK sells it as a fitting service) - I'm confident it will be fine once the VO is changed to reflect the option. I'm just wondering how difficult getting those covers on/off is going to be once the seat is out. I have my hog-rings and pliers ready... (they still use these, right?)
My heated buttons are installed but none light up. I'll program the car this weekend to see if the lights will toggle. Do you need the actual heater module for the lights on the panel to toggle or not?

I take it you got sport seat elements? Were they the exact 3 part numbers you provided before as apart of your pieced together kit?

Yes they still use hog rings. I installed the aftermarket heated pads into my old seats so I would know. I hated the aftermarket ones since the pad itself blocked the 2 center post that the hog rings attach to.

How much did you pay for your kit? Do you still have the guy's contact info as the ebay post is now expired. I bought an entire coral red interior (non heated) for my car and would absolutely love them to be heated. Hence I will try to do this retrofit prior to installing this new interior.
Appreciate 0