View Single Post
      10-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #58
longhorn335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post

The VRSF 7" FMIC was designed to be one of the best performing direct bolt on intercoolers available on the market. The VRSF intercooler features 3D CAD designed cast aluminum end tanks for improved flow over sheet metal end tanks & durability. We use a custom bar & plate intercooler core and a custom fin pack designed to our exact specification which we've developed over the past 7 years with great success on our Evo & DSM platforms. Our 7" intercooler allows for higher HP gains, mainly due to it's ability to keep intake temps down while preventing heat soak which is a common problem with the factory intercooler. This results in a more power and increased reliability with reduced chances of pre-detonation & knock. The VRSF intercooler also features tabs that allow the retention of the factory fan shroud and an additional set of mounting brackets for extra support. We include all necessary custom molded couplers and stainless steel t-bolt clamps necessary for installation.

We offer this intercooler in two different variants. The intercooler is available with the stock connectors or the less restrictive, more conventional pipe/coupler connectors. The stock connectors allow for easier installation but they also create unnecessary back pressure and neck down to almost 2". The ideal connector requires a bit more install time due to the removal of the factory connectors but it eliminates the restriction from the intake tract which allows for more mid-range/top end HP. The removal of the factory connectors is 100% reversible. Each VRSF intercooler is hand finished and pressure tested up to 50 psi to ensure quality. This intercooler includes our "No Hassle" lifetime guarantee to the original buyer.

We guarantee fitment & quality 100%. Here's a few independent reviews detailing the product, install and overall experience:

FirstBMWLA - VRSF New 7" N54 Intercooler Review

Motastic - VRSF Intercooler has Arrived and Installed

Below is a log from FirstBMWLA who was nice enough to take the time to do an independent review. The first log is a 3rd gear run comparing the stock FMIC to our 7" FMIC. More info can be found here. The original stock FMIC log was recorded on the first pass & the VRSF log was recorded on the third pass due to the log not starting correctly the first two times. This is a worst case scenario for the VRSF FMIC and it still manages to drop temps by a whopping 27 degrees in comparison to the stock intercooler. This results in more power along the entire power band, especially in the mid-upper range where it's mostly needed on our small turbos.

In the second log, we show how well the VRSF 7" intercooler prevents heatsoak showing a superior 27 degree increase in temps on a 2nd to 4th gear run. The factory intercooler is known to increase in IATs ranging from 80-100 degrees on 2nd to 4th gear runs.

IN STOCK & READY TO SHIP. You can place your order here.
Could somebody explain me why in that plot the IAT starts at 120F? When I see other graphs from other intercoolers, I see temps starting at 50F?(see below link for ETS, for example) Is it due to ambient temp? if it is, would the 27F temp vs. stock difference VSRF advertises be comparable to other FMICs ?

I am interested in this fmic, but I would just like to see a little more plots/numbers or explanation of how it performs, including pressure drop.. not necessarily a white paper, but something.. unless I'm not finding it, but I've looked at all of these threads

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=41