View Single Post
      09-20-2011, 03:23 AM   #1
zazzn
Rep
Drives: None yet

335D/E90 M3/335I/135I or 966 turbo? Help me!

I've been trolling around trying to figure out what I want to buy...

I have sold my Supra and my Aristo... I'm moving to California and I couldn't bring them because they where RHD and modified. My supra had over 600 WHP and my aristo (daily driver) was 390 WHP. I'm trying to find something fun to drive on and off track. Now I don't track every weekend but I do track at least a 5-6 times a year.

The 335D really brings home the the responsible person in me because you just can't pass up 30+ mpg with 400+tq.

Here's the problem... Auto... Now I love manual cars not only for tracking but for having a little fun here and there. (when you want to hang the tail out) However, I know how annoying auto's can be but on the same hand amazingly numbing when you want it to be that (driving in stop and go traffic).

I like the 135 because of the lightness, and same ability to mod as the 335.

335 for space and more practicality also little cheaper for used ones or about the same price as 135 basically more for less.

e90 will be more fun on the track won't require 3-5k in mods like exhaust chip, intake and won't have the overheating problems of the N54.

996 meets everything I want but not reliability.... It's old and worries me because I am not bringing any tools when I move to CA from Toronto Canada, and I don't even know if I'll have a garage yet.

Questions....

Is the 335d auto any good?
Does the 335d over heat if lapped on the track at all?
Does it come with an Oil cooler?
Does it have a limp mode?
What the most power a chip tune is giving these days?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0