12-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #121
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
I am trying to compare real world pricing, not suggest price which means nothing. Do you find a loaded 3 series a turn off or just the price of one a turn off?
If some some say a house is price at mid $500K, does it have to cost exactly $550000? If you want to round it off, anything above $43333 is rounded off to mid $40K.
I do not think its unfair to compare a end of cycle E90 to a brand new F30. If you want the lastest and the greatest, you have to paid dearly and paid dearly the F30 owners did. BMW threw in a bit more than just the value package for the 2011 E90.
Like I said earlier, I option out the E90 and the F30 as close as I can, one option I could not compare was the back up camera since its not offer in the E90. The rear view camera is a $400 option on the F30, so the E90 is still $7600 ahead. Let me ask you this, what is the point of a keyless start if you need to take out your keys to unlock the doors, I can not believe you are actually happy with that.
Dont get me wrong, we are still keeping an eye on the F30. Once BMW fix the steering, the engine note and bring the price back down to earth we will test drive it again. I figure by the next LCI, BMW will have everything right on the F30.
There are too many factors with car prices to compare car to car if you stray from MSRP. For example, I am an evil car negotiator, if you can get to a level of doing it professionally, I am pretty close. I have been pimped out to buy cars for all family, friends and co-workers/bosses to the point where I make about 10-12 new car deals a year. I have landed some crazy things like 30-40% off MSRP. My F30 deal is not characteristic of a normal sale price either on a 2013. But it doesn't represent the car, it represents me and negotiating, that dealers stock, geography. Too much.

MSRP is straight forward and isolates the other variables and makes car to car comparisons more tolerable.

Same thing for EPA MPG. Just because I am able to average 40mpg does not mean I will tout it over Hybrids that EPA estimates to average 40mpg. Again, too many factors, my personal driving style, stop and go, highway...and on and on. EPA does scientific testing to take variables out of it again. So when an F30 gets 35 on the highway and an something else gets 30, those numbers have some meat to them.

Keyless start for me, I disarm the car long before getting in it and have the key back in my pocket, I get in the car and go. I like it. When I had an E90 loaner it felt odd to me to have this bulky key that I would insert into the dash and depress. It's what you get used to.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0