01-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #23
Laid Black 335i
BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i (6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianBimmer View Post
What I don't get is this: how the f does a team that has a ton of players with million dollar contracts be such a sorry as team!?

It's not like Superbowl is played every year...oh wait it is! And you haven't been to the playoffs for years!? Why can't they just fire Shanahan or whatever his name is bc whatever his motivation speech is he is giving them players, ain't working.

I think of this the same way I think of US men's soccer, they go to a world cup and advance to a stage which they've never been to before, they get people excited about it then they lose!
Honestly, stick to soccer. I find it funny that you call the Skins a "sorry a$$ team." They made the playoffs (only 12 out of 32 teams make it every year). They surpassed all expectations this season with a rookie QB, rookie RB, and arguably one of the worse defenses in the league. The future is bright for this team.

Your logic stating that a team should win a superbowl because players have million dollar contracts is invalid. Only ONE team can win the Superbowl each year. EVERY team in the NFL has a few players on their roster with multi-million dollar contracts.

Fire Shanahan? lol. He was hired to REBUILD the franchise. So far he is doing a good job at that. you don't magically win a championship after having a 5-11 record last year. The Skins weren't supposed to do better than an 8-8 record. The fact that they did better than 8-8 and made the playoffs does not result in a disappointing season. And please, don't think about American Football like Soccer. They are not the same, thanks. And FYI, Morris is a Runningback, not a reciever.

Last edited by Laid Black 335i; 01-08-2013 at 10:32 AM..
Appreciate 0