01-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #28
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeinus View Post
I disagree that NO coach is going to pull his player in that situation. Shanahan made the call to play an injured RG3 rather than put a healthy Cousins in. I do agree that most coaches would probably have let him go back into the game, but after 1 or 2 series of ineffective drives, it's time to take a step back, get him out to preserve the future, and get Cousins in. It's not like Cousins is some scrub - the kid led the Skins to victory on more than one occasion this season. There was still the opportunity to win with him in.

You can't even use Adrian Peterson as an example, because he's a robot. ACL injuries are serious and this would be RG3's second ACL injury. Would you rather have a star player who can barely run and complete passes, or a healthy backup who has some game as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post

Everyone in that stadium except Shanahan could see Griffin was done in the 3rd quarter. I would've switched to Cousins after halftime, but Griffin was barely able to run to the sidelines in the 3rd. They were still up 14-13 by then and Cousins could've milked the clock. He won 2 games for them this season.
We can agree to disagree, this is probably the most active thread in the Mid-Atlantic forum for a few years now

I spend all day listening to sports talk everyday and it's pretty clear that all former athletes and coaches support Shanahan and the media wanted Cousins in the game. Definitely no coincidence there.

While I like Cousins and think he's fairly capable, he took 0 reps to prepare against the best defense in the NFC and has little mobility. I doubt he would have played well and probably would have thrown a few picks like he did against Atlanta b/c the Skins receivers could NOT get open against the Seattle corners. Their secondary shut down the Skins offense b/c once they knew in the 2Q that RG3 couldn't run, they could dedicate their SS to the run or blitz.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0