View Single Post
      01-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #29
Eugeinus
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
We can agree to disagree, this is probably the most active thread in the Mid-Atlantic forum for a few years now

I spend all day listening to sports talk everyday and it's pretty clear that all former athletes and coaches support Shanahan and the media wanted Cousins in the game. Definitely no coincidence there.

While I like Cousins and think he's fairly capable, he took 0 reps to prepare against the best defense in the NFC and has little mobility. I doubt he would have played well and probably would have thrown a few picks like he did against Atlanta b/c the Skins receivers could NOT get open against the Seattle corners. Their secondary shut down the Skins offense b/c once they knew in the 2Q that RG3 couldn't run, they could dedicate their SS to the run or blitz.
Good points Paul - I will agree that the skins offense is predicated on the read option run, which wouldn't be there with Cousins anyway since his playbook is tailored for the pocket pass. Seattle secondary is scary good. Hope RG3 comes back ready to go next season though.