View Single Post
      12-20-2007, 01:33 AM   #1
dejav0o
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG 330i

Weird gas problem... (no pun intended)

So the last three fill-ups I've been having a problem where the pump would overfill the tank causing gas to leak out everytime. I'm not just talking about having gas drip from the pump when I take it out....The pump is still in the hole, and I see gas all over the panel below the gas door. At first I thought this was a fluke and had to do with the gas station, then the 2nd time it happened at a different gas station, I figured maybe there's a problem. But today, not only did it leak out, it managed to pop the whole pump out of the tank, causing a scratch right below the fuel door where the pump slide down from the car.

I was wondering if anyone knows the mechanics of how the pump normally knows when to stop, and if I could bring this up to the dealer to have them take a look at it? I'm really irritated at the scratch, since it's totally noticible, so if this was some sort of defect with the car, I want the dealer to try to touch it up or something. Any input would be appreciated!