View Single Post
      08-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #25
gimmethemuumuu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 M3, SO/Bk

I gotta chime in here. Listen very closely to the guys that are telling that the dustless pads will not stop as well. Here's my experience with my E46 and dustless pads:

Hearing people rave endlessly about Axxis Deluxe pads--near, if not better than OEM braking performance, a lot less dust, etc.--I bit the bullet and did a full brake job with Brembo rotors and these Axxis pads. I followed this with a bed-in of the brakes, Zeckhausen-style.

Immediately, I noticed that braking was very shaky compared to OEM. There was no immediate braking available. Then, it was not confidence-inspiring. Honestly, I felt like I was in my old '71 Ford Maverick with drum brakes trying, in vain, to stop when needed. It's that sensation of: I don't think I'm slowing down quickly, I'll apply more pressure to the pedal, no more braking is coming, oh sh** I'm not gonna stop--not a good feeling at all.

Then, not too many miles into it, I began to have vibration in the pedal under braking. After asking around and getting a few opinions, I decided it must be the brakes--ya know, warped rotors. Ordered new OEM rotors and pads. When I took the old Axxis pads off, they were barely worn at all (after about 10K miles) and they were stress-cracked to boot. Very uncool. Off they came and laid on my garage floor ever since.

Once the new OEM rotors and pads were on the car, the vibration vanished completely and the sweet, sweet immediate, smooth, and solid braking returned. I'll will never again stray from OEM pads and rotors on the braking front!

YMMV, but I doubt it
Appreciate 0