View Single Post
      01-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #1136
Mexcar007
X5 dude
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5d

Comfort Access on E90 325i early 06

Hi everyone, it been great this new adventure of coding. I have a question that I been searching an answer for a while now( about two days)
I have a comfort access from the factory. FOB entrance. Can I program my car to use the comfort access where you don't need to insert the FOB or even press the unlock bottom to unlock your car. As describe here;

BMW website;
"As soon as you come within 1.5 metres of your BMW, the comfort access system remotely senses your BMW key, wherever you happen to be carrying it - in your jacket pocket, handbag or briefcase. Simply touch the door handle and the door unlocks.
The system also senses when you've entered the cabin and enables the Start/Stop button, so all you need to do is press it and drive off. And when you reach your destination, your BMW locks all doors automatically simply with a press on the exterior door handle. Locking your keys in the car by accident becomes impossible, because the comfort access system will not lock the doors as long as your key remains in the cabin.
Your vehicle key also functions as a remote control for opening and closing the tailgate. If you wish, you can store your individual driver settings by using the key's memory function. Up to eleven individual preferences for seat adjustments, exterior mirrors, steering wheel position, Head-Up Display and the audio system can, depending on the model of your BMW, be saved on the key and activated each time you enter your vehicle."

I just want to know if I can make these changes by software alone or do I need hardware?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0