DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
The main thing is the Profec is targeting boost, while the DME does not. The other problem is more of a slight confusion in the naming of some of the tables. We really should have called them Load/Boost Ceilings, not Load/Boost Targets. The DME tries to get close to the load and boost requests, but its normally never going to hit them exactly.

Carl's main issues have to do with very high altitude and I've recently found some new things relating to that. At this point, its on the list. While I am concerned with offering these tables as they will almost certainly overspin the turbos, I'll get them added... I just don't have a date right now.

To your other questions:

(1)The FlexFuel sensor is a bit more than just adding an input to the DME. Its possible that this could come at some point, but if we simply feed the signal to the DME, we would need to do massive changes to pretty much every piece of logic. The code simply doesn't exist in stock form from BMW, which means it would need to be written.

(2)Changing the strategy of the DME to be boost targeting would again be a huge undertaking and would require extensive testing. I see this as being unlikely, but I won't completely rule it out.

(3)External WGs are still on the horizon, but with the new options that have been surfacing lately, we should be able to do some testing on this front soon.

I always have a long list of tasks, but don't worry guys, I'll get to them all.

-Josh
Awesome Josh, thank you. Luckily for me, I also value them in the order you seem to be doing them... the external wastegates etc being #1 priority to run (for example) Vargas Stg 3 turbos or a single turbo kit in the future.

#2 would be a nice-to-have but not a deal-breaker, and #1 kinda the same. If modified fuel hardware comes out allowing us to just run 100% E85, that'd be fine too.

Thanks for replying
Appreciate 0