09-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #14
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90TiAg335i View Post
A corner loaded speaker, or two, is quite capable of being "loud" if desired. I run 2 Soundsplinter RL-i 10s in corner loaded boxes and they produce an enormous amount of pressure in the car when needed but also blend seamlessly when turned down. I run a Zapco 500/1 to the pair. I have yet to have anyone leave my car unimpressed.

I already have a DLS A6 amp and im going to be adding a sub in the next few months. Im really liking the corner loaded method as i hate rattles.

I've read the Soundsplinter website, plus some reviews on other forums, and it seems as though they are good SQL subs and are suited for small enclosures. The Soundsplinter website doesn't show up properly so can't really see what the differences, apart from power ratings, are between the RL-I, RL-P and RL-S series. Ideally i would like one 12 inch sub in a corner loaded enclosure that has good SQ but can also get reasonably loud, but don't need/like for it to break windows or cause rattles etc. This manufacturer does seem to fit the bill.

Oh yeah would love to see pics as well.
Appreciate 0