View Single Post
      11-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #25
Notsafe335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
I did not do any standing start launches until now. I also have a manual transmission, so I don't know what is brake boost Yes the pull is more linear but I did not pay any significant attention to the midrange until now, I can probably improve things a bit.

It was done on a lift and it's a weekend job for sure (start Friday night if you are not experienced ) Seeing all the process (I was there the whole time), I think it can also be done in like 16-18 hours of continuous work (with 2 short lunch breaks) from an experienced mechanic.
Ahhh I thought I read in the thread that this car was a 6AT. My mistake. Does your tune have a 2 step built in?

I've done a couple turbo swaps in my day. Most recent being a 1JZ-GTE twin turbo which was converted to a big single. It surprisingly looks about the same ordeal other than pulling the turbo from the bottom instead of the top. It took me about 10 hours however the single went back on much easier, most Supra owners complain about how hard it is to get the twins off with the motor installed. That being said, I'm looking forward to loosing 16 hours of my life to this car eventually.

2007 335i Sedan
1991 Toyota Supra, 1JZ swap, T66 single, supporting mods.
Appreciate 0