View Single Post
      01-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #70
rclee820
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
yes in those pics I was on the stock suspension. On the stock suspension the ride wasn't that bad at all and it actually felt like it handled bumps as well as the oem runflats if not slightly better. I just picked the car up yesterday from getting lowered and love it. It's probably my favorite thing i've done to the car and i'd highly recommend lowering yours if you can.

The V1's handle bumps extremely well and everyone i've taken for a ride has commented on how comfortable it feels. It really doesn't feel that much different than OEM and is much more comfortable than most cars with coils i've been in. In terms of handling it made an insane difference... Now doing high speeds on the highway feel much more stable and it doesnt feel like the car is floating. Backroads are much more enjoyable and the car no longer has the body roll feeling like you're driving a boat. Hopefully i'll be able to put up some pics sometime this weekend.

In terms of mounting the wheels I had it done at AfterFX in Stamford since they were swapping out my TPMS at the time. I know do wheel installs myself since it's really not that hard as long as you have a breaker bar and a torque wrench. I don't go to AfterFX anymore because I really couldn't justify the $150 an hour labor price but other than that they were great. I now get all my work done at ACI Dynamix in Seymour, CT. It's far away but worth the drive for their prices and the quality of work they do. If you have any more questions let me know
Thanks for the reply. I completely agree with you about AfterFX. I've been there myself and they do quality work, but their labor rate is just too high for me to go there on a regular basis.

Good to hear that there won't be much if any of a ride quality sacrifice once I get and put these wheels on.

The ride really does look great. Looking forward to seeing it lowered!
Appreciate 0