03-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #13
Exzackt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: n54 e92 335i/e39 540i6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerCop View Post
UPDATE: Just got back from the tint shop and the guy quoted me somewhere in the ballpark of $175-$250 for installing the vinyl on the shadowline. He said it all depends on how much time it will actually take him to complete the job.

Do you guys think this is a realistic price or he is shafting me like there is no tomorrow?

BTW, he says that the shadowline will look BETTER in matte instead of gloss. He did put up a small sample of both matte/black on the shadowline and I really liked how the matte look. I'm confused now. The kidney grills will be gloss black. The mesh of the lower bottom of the bumper will be matte black, so is a matte shadowline the way to go? Or is it Gospel, that if the grills are gloss, the shadowline has to be gloss as well?
Do plasti dip. I was quoted up to 450 because its such a "pain in the a". Plasti is gonna cost you $15 for 2 cans of plasti dip and tape. It also comes out much cleaner than vinyl that is obvious from less than 5 feet away. I just did mine yesterday and it came out perfect! Took me about 3 hours.
Also if you want a gloss look. Get the plasti dip glossifier. Works just the same as regular plasti dip

Appreciate 0