United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 330i (E90)  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
there is a very good reason BMW doesn't bring the alpina's stateside... the
B3, B5, and B6 have constantly put up slightly near if not slightly better numbers than the M division... alpina's been around forever and a day, if anybody know's bimmers, it's alpina...

so in a nutshell, if they brought over the alpina's, it would take away from M sales, and considering the US is the largest purchasers of M vehicles, it'd be stupid for bmw... kill their own sales...

alpina's are SICK though, my old man has a 07 B7... gorgeous, handles on rails, pins you to the backseat (500 horses supercharged will do that) and the extra attention to detail is beautiful... not sure if it's the same for the other models, but in the B7, they use ONE tree per car interior... no two interiors are alike...
^ +1

As for the blue gauges, they are not "matched" as an earlier poster points out. Alpina gauges ARE blue. Look at the Z8 Alpina or the B7.

The interior and the pinstripes are optional. Regardless, an Alpina is expensive and serve as a more relaxed/GT oriented version of the higher strung and race oriented M cars. I would love to see B3 and B5s on sale in the US, but thats unlikely.