England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
I would go for ANY of the six cylinder models.

I have an E91 320d (163bhp), this replaced an E46 330d (204bhp) I made the change to the smaller engine because of Co car tax. Big mistake, one which I constantly regret making.

It doesn't sound like a proper BMW, it doesn't have the grunt of the six cylinder engines and (in my opinion) marks the buyer (me) as a cheese pairing penny pincher.

The four cylinder diesel in a BMW is just wrong.

I now view 320d BMWs as the reps car of the year - a modern Sierra / Cavalier etc etc etc.

Buy the six cylinder engine - just check out the various video clips on this site (Carlos' one springs to mind) of the acceleration to 60 - it doesn't happen like that in the 320d - trust me I know.

You will regret it if you buy that 320d. I did and do.

I think you're being unfairly harsh on the 320d - it's a great car and quick enough for the most part. I understand the noise issue but it doesn't bother me. As for checking out the vids of the 6 cyl models. I think it's fairly obvious to all that the higher the engine size - the faster it will be

You made a mistake going from higher power to lower.

I'm no cheese ...... (never heard that before) - I know what a penny pincher is though. So I go buy a £25k car and I'm a penny pincher?????