View Single Post
      02-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #28
philc
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 333i

Question Somehow I did it

I reluctantly bought my wife a 2-year old 2006 330i for her 65th birthday Nov 2008. Since then, we've had to take it to the BMW shop 3 times (2-days each) to fix idiot lights--one was a loose gas cap!!!
Now that the warranty just went out it wouldnt start (of course). I did not know about this site, and the manuals said nothing about raplacing a battery, or even where it was.
Well I googled to find out where it was and what Advance auto parts -- my neigghborhood parts place ---- had for it. Their "silver" battery was $94--2 years free return and 7 total pro-rated. I bought it and thought it would be simple to put in--like on my Gran Marquis--20 minutes max.
Well 3 hours later and a painful back, the battery's in and the car starts and runs.
It was then original big white BMW battery. Had to figure out how to fit the smaller one in. There are a few threaded holes in the bottom to attach the long clamp bolt, so after connecting all the wires, I just pushed it forward and used the large glavanized clamp/washer in reverse to clamp the new battery down with it's bottom edge-which juts out for that.
There's still a wire---thin 10" cable with one blue and one red wire with very small connector----with no apparent place to go.
But the BMW starts and runs, and the battery will be a whole lot easier to replace next time.
BTW--I just joined this group today and couldnt see any pictures on this thread.

Last edited by philc; 02-01-2010 at 08:39 PM..
Appreciate 0