View Single Post
      01-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipB View Post
This would actually leave you too far back from the steering wheel. With your arm "straight out" you should be able to drape your wrist over the top of the steeing wheel without having to roll your shoulder forward off the seat back. This way with your hands in the proper 3 and 9 oclock positions your arms are bent and you can turn the wheel a full 180 degrees without having to let go or "shuffle" your grip. Most people sit too far back, resulting in straight arms when driving straight ahead and then shuffling their grip through turns.
Yes! thats it, i knew it was either reach out and comfortably grab the wheel, but that is right, you are supposed to sit back and lay your WRISTS on the steering wheel!!

... Just for the record, I do NOT do this, but is a good way of finding a good seat position. I usually go with the seat back as far as I can while easily reaching full extension of the clutch... lean back and a SLIGHT "gansta lean" to find the right position ... just keep playing with those buttons, you'll get it!