Jules59
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Still searching ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO8 View Post
As per the title ...

Has anyone has an E92 LCI 330d remapped - if so, how good is it or were there any issues ?

Many people have had pre LCI but that ECU was not encrypted ... thus wanting views from LCI owners who have had the work done !

I have not seriously considered a remap before as the car was on a PCP and under warranty but I have now finished the PCP and though have an extended warranty do few miles (having bought a little Smart diesel for commuting).

I have looked at BW Chiptune or DMS.

I am aware DMS are dear but they will come to me and, apart from being known as dear, they seem to have a really excellent reputation.

Any views ?
Had mine remapped by Simon of E-Maps. I'm very pleased with it; fast and smooth acceleration, no hesitation unless you catch the single turbo at low speed as per usual. Its so refined you wouldnt know it was remapped until you give it some welly and discover how much grunt you have waiting for you. I get slightly worse economy - 36mpg on my daily commute but I can get low 40s if just cruising - but that is so hard to do . E-Maps rate the remap at 290bhp and 620Nm. Ive never checked it.