10-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
SO8
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules59 View Post
Had mine remapped by Simon of E-Maps. I'm very pleased with it; fast and smooth acceleration, no hesitation unless you catch the single turbo at low speed as per usual. Its so refined you wouldnt know it was remapped until you give it some welly and discover how much grunt you have waiting for you. I get slightly worse economy - 36mpg on my daily commute but I can get low 40s if just cruising - but that is so hard to do . E-Maps rate the remap at 290bhp and 620Nm. Ive never checked it.
Thanks.

I am really torn between DMS and Emaps ...

Cost is an issue which clearly comes down in Emaps favour ... but DMS are more well known I suppose.

The maps seem they will be effectively the same, producing roughly the identical power and both are done in basically the same way so both as undetectable / detectable by BMW as each other ! Both should be equally reliable and not overly stress the engine. DMS will come out to reset to std whenever I want for 3 years where I think Simon charges but is cheaper from the outset.

I may just chuck a coin in the air - unless anyone can give more info to sway me one way or the other !!
Appreciate 0