03-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #9
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerFUD View Post
There are gauge/pump combos, such as the Black & Decker ASI300. I haven't used these but I suspect the built-in gauges aren't accurate enough and you still need to check the pressure with the decent gauge.

For an air compressor, I just bought a Thomas T-30HP ($450 from amazon). This is probably overkill if you just want to fill your tires, but I also use a compressor for cleaning, air tools, painting (thus oil-free), etc. Thomas compressors are the cadillacs...err BMWs...of compressors.

For a gauge, I love the kind that let you overfill the tire and then have a pressure relief valve to let out air until you get the exact pressure. I just bought a Moroso 89560 ($45 amazon). Expensive? Hell yes, but so are BMWs. I'm tired of crappy tire gauges. This gauge is simply awesome.
Thanks for the suggestion.
$45 for a gauge is not bad- as long as it's accurate. I used to have an air compressor from Costco (still do actually). It was something like $100-200. We used it for a while and the needle broke off and it's just been sitting for a while now. lol

Any cheaper air compressor that you guys can recommend? I mean $450 is quite expensive for a compressor.
Appreciate 0