View Single Post
      10-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #27
vegastrashed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ricksaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSs1Power
I saw a bunch of people there use GTech for those measures. From my experince with the Gtech they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off. I tested a Gtech Pro, Gtech and Tazzo on a drag strip and the closest one to the real time was the Tazzo believe it or not. Both Gtech and Gtech Pro were off by at least 4mph and .3 in the 1/4mile.
Here is a reply to your post over on e60.net.

Quote:
don't know why you got such bad results with all these meters.I checked my GT2 against the timers at Maplegrove Raceway in Pa(NHRA sanctioned).The biggest diff was at 330'(.047 sec).The 1/4 time was only .009 faster on the GT2 than the drag strip time.The 1/4 speed was .29mph faster on the GT2 than the drag strip.About 2 years ago Car & Driver tested about 6 of these meters.Their results showed they were all pretty accurate when set up properly.Possibly the meters were not set up for the car you were testing and not calibrated per the instructions.I've found the GT2 to be very accurate when set properly.I am going to maple grove again on 10-27.I will check the GT2 on several runs and post the results.The last time I went I only made 1 run before it rained.
Appreciate 0