12-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #19
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrngway View Post
It's a bit early for this, but if you keep having problems with the shop you can use an executive e-mail carpet bomb as a last resort.

Here's a description:
http://consumerist.com/2007/05/11/ho...l-carpet-bomb/

Senior executives generally have a staff that monitors their public e-mail accounts. I personally used this with Verizon wireless and received a call from executive customer support within a day. They were able to do go around usual lines of communication to get my problem resolved quickly.

If you go this route, write the e-mail professionally. State the facts and don't get emotional. Let them know how the situation effected you and, above all, communicate how tried to get it resolved through every available means.

Again....last resort. Give the shop enough line to hang themselves and pull the trigger if push comes to shove.

Here are some names to start you out:
http://www.aamcofranchises.com/team.html
Thank you very much for this information. I will definitely use it as a last resort even though I don't want to. As far as the others in AAMCO, they seem friendly. The main guy, or so I assume, is very pushy when trying to make the sale and what not. For example, I told them since the tranny is shot, I'm gonna buy my own and have them install it since I don't have the tools and he responded to me with what I felt was a bit rude. He kept telling me multiple times the tranny and labor isn't gonna be under warranty and this and that and how I can't find it and how he searched everywhere for a price under 6k. Apparently he doesn't know too much on searching across the internet because tischer sells them for 3k + shipping. He convinced my dad to just go thru them since it has warranty and I had no say because I was borrowing money from them. And since then, I've had this vibe from him that he's just trying to swindle me into buying more stuff from them. Sucks to say but a job that would've been only 4k installed turned into 5200 because I bought a transmission thru them. If problems persists, I'm going to definitely report them if they don't try to ease up and be honest people. When I brought my car into the shop that following Monday (tranny started acting up on Friday and they were closed sat) they thought it was my fault when it was clearly theirs. Glad they fixed it for free though
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0