01-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #107
bimmernupe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
Ok, so I just installed the holder on the underside of the split armrest. Took 5-10 min. I had to uninstall the armrest to install the holder. Set the two armrest side-by-side to line up screws holes. Use a smaller bit than the screws. The Torx size to remove the holder is T15. Open the holder and lift the backing to reveal the screws. It is held in place by velcro at the bottom. It will fold up in the same manner that the open flap did. The backing is a little flexible.

I also was able to get the the little gear out of the area it fell in. Place a folded card of some sort to cover said hole. Use a flat-head screw driver to push tab in. Put the spring on the armrest. Then as you slide armrest in, push a little to the right and it will align w/ the gear by itself. Put the metal bars in and open armrest. Use needle nose pliers and some convincing to set the spring on the hooks.

Sorry for not having pic of spring, but someone has already posted pics of the spring install.
Attached Images