AWSB328iM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjuna View Post
so i did this today.

some comments, maybe covered here before.

1. long DISA connector goes UNDER the intake runners. i had to search more than i feel like i should have for this.

2. short DISA connector goes to outside connector.

you can't plug these in wrong, due to cable length, but i am confirming this as above.

3. intake manifold 11mm bolts and nuts torque to 11ft-lb
3b. i torqued the throttle body to 7ft/lb when installing. not sure if right. but definitely not too little.

4. I removed the throttle body from the intake manifold before pulling the electrical hub underneath. i couldn't get the tabs loose so i unbolted the bracket from the intake.

5. i swapped all sensors from the old manifold to the new one.

6. even if the PCV is different on your donor manifold, your existing tubing WILL bolt up.

7. with enough patience, NOTHING will break, including the breather hose everyone seems to break.

8. there are differences between the pelican DIY and different cars. you do you and don't expect every step to be documented or the same as any DIY.

9. i did this job in 2 hours, taking my time. be patient. BMW engineers did a good job. have the right tools.

10. you'll need to remove the upper cowl, and pelican doesn't list this as a step. FYI.

11. i don't feel anything different, but have plans with a tune.

good luck to anyone else out there!
Does the 2 hour labor quote include removing the original single stage manifold? Thanks so much for the detailed update. I have experience removing and installing several S52/M52 manifolds on the E36 chassis so I'm sure this isn't much different.
Appreciate 0