View Single Post
      01-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #14
TahoeOG
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

My feedback on the idrive:

I really do'nt think the idrive is slow at all. I must admit as soon as i turn on the car and you move it to nav, or entertainment, etc... Then yeah it takes a couple of seconds, but i rarely do that, i turn on the car and go. The radio is automatically on and i changed my present with the steering wheel button and when i do switch it(idrive to entertainment,etc...)then it works fast.

I want to add that the appearance of having the screen built in is a plus. I'm grad it's not touch screen so you don't see all the fingerprints and after time the fingerprints as smoother on the screen then the rest of the screen. NO matter how much you clean it, if you use it enough. Well withing drive view.

About it's features, idrive i believe is great. You get additional options on climate, seconds for your headlights to be one, equilizer, etc... I can't complain about that More feature is just more fun.

NAVIGATION. Ok honestly i never had navigation to compare to. I'm extremely happy with it. It tells me exactly where i want to go. I tried it out numerous times all the times it's been 100% accurate. Here is my result.

one time i was at the mall and my girl wanted to pick something up in Barns and noble. SOooo the nearest one i know was 30-40 minutes away... Luckinly the nav found on that was 8 minutes away... That was a BIG gas saver! BUT...

See i decided to reply to this thread due to the fact, that your problem happened to me as well. I followed the directions and got of the this little ramp thing and all of the sudden the computer says "you have arrived at your destination"... I look around me and i'm like, WTF?... Their was nothing around me but half done buildings.. So i'm thinking where the F is B&N??? So i remember that area a little bit and remember their was a B&N around somewhere and after a more drive i see it in a shopping center. But i was thinking that was weird how it doesn't take me to the door. I had to drive an additional 1 or 2 minutes to get to the place.

BUT... Although that was a little problem and can take some times getting used to, to take me back home, i new the far way from where i was located... Would of took me around 40 minutes, took me 17 minutes. It took me to some wierd as back road. BUT their wasn't a sould in the road..> it was awsome. Like a road nobody knew about. I saw maybe 2 cars and this long smooth straight/curvy spirit driving road. Took me all the way to the main street near my house. 17 minutes. So it has it's advantage and dis. But you can't expect the idrive to direct to to the front elevator of destination as well. It's a computer to tell you very EXTREMLy close to where you have to go... That does not mean we can shut off out brains follow it 100%. If you see a dead end and the nav is telling your straight ahead.... Try finding another route... The redirecting only takes about no more than 2 seconds ever. It's either .5seconds to redirect or 1 second... The longest it's taken was 2 whole seconds (I counted)... Good luck and happy driving.
Appreciate 0