View Single Post
      09-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #12
luckyu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 1998 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickBMW View Post
Then that would also mean that the front driveshafts are unsprung too?

The reason I ask all these questions is that I have an e91 328xi that I am looking at installing ZSP springs. And based on BMW website for weight and weight distribution my vehicle (3,814 lbs and 51.2% frt) that would mean there is 1,953 lbs on the front. The 335i (auto) has 1,842 lbs on the front and uses a D7 ZSP spring. Can I assume that this would be the closest match? I have heard others saying that the 335i D7 springs actually raised their 328xi???? Is the difference in the unsprung versus sprung weight?
Yes, sorry, fronts too, I didn't grok we were talking about an xi. All the differentials and central shafts and whatnot are sprung though. The guesses that I have (from JAJ??) for unsprung weight are 105lbs per side front, and 135lbs per side rear. It's for an M3 I think.

It does seem like you'd get maybe .8" (EDIT: wrong! sorry!) drop from what you're planning, but there are weird differences in equipment sometimes. Have you checked the ETK for the two models? Check that the exact same parts and part numbers are used in the strut.

Also, when you put more load on a spring you get closer to coil bind. You know about shock travel I assume. Are there any clearance issues in front caused by all that extra stuff you've got down there?
2007 328i ZSP. M3 suspension: custom valved Bilstein shocks, Hyperco race springs, M3 lower control arms front and rear, M3 sway bars, and M3 subframe bushings. E46 front guide supports. Euro tail lights.

Last edited by luckyu; 09-14-2011 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 0