05-31-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07E92TT View Post
And also, my car is black (ill regret not getting silver til the day I die) but what causes paint swirls? I want to take my car and have it buffed and waxed and stuff, but I dont want to put more swirls in the paint than I have to. Any suggestions? thanks guys!
Tons of things cause paint swirls. Improper washing technique (or tunnel washes) are probably the biggest causes of swirls. "Buffing and waxing" the car shouldn't cause swirls, it should eliminate them. A seasoned detailer with the right tools and products can really work some magic (lots of examples of this in the detailing subforum).

Different polishes and pads cut down the swirls and waxes add a final layer of shine, depth, and protection. Black is a tricky color, especially Jet Black. It's a soft paint and swirls very easily - really requires extra care and precautions when cleaning or detailing. Don't take the car to a random self-proclaimed detailer if you really want it looking new again, I've seen some pretty atrocious "detailing" jobs. Make sure you see some examples of their work. It helps to understand at least the basics of detailing so you can ask the right questions.

There are some FL-based skilled detailers on this forum. Again, check the detailing subforum (and ask there). These guys know what they're doing and have the references and pictures to prove it.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0