Drives: E92 M3 6MT/F48 X1/F430/F12

Garage List
2016 X1  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
2005 Ferrari F430  [0.00]
2014 Ferrari F12 Be ...  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Yikes!! I filled up at Shell yesterday here in the Highlands, but it was at 3:30 PM.

But interesting to note that Safeway stations are getting Shell gasoline. When I worked at Safeway's offices in Bellevue a few years ago, the fuel always came from Tesoro. So I wonder if this means that you are getting "Top Tier" fuel at Safeway too, or if they change the additive package......

Safeway has Shell?....My wife's cousin owns a Shell station and before they were approve to buy the station she had to attend a classes in Texas and take stringent exams about the corporate business ...along with the gas refinery and distribution process. From what she has learned she admitted to me that Cheveron produces better fuel.....better additives(Techron) and such.
As Scollins said, there is a tier system to distribution of gas. ie. gas from costco and arco is consided lower teir in quality of gas they get.
I'm not anywhere near an expert in gasoline but it a little of what I got from her.
I do fill up with Cheveron most of the time but Shell is my other option.

oh, the people who did fill up with the tainted gas yesterday are getting their cars repaired by shell.