06-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #65
xtac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Well that's your choice. I'd imagine your experience across the market of mobile devices is limited, as many people "in the know", or experienced enough to make such a statement, would definitely not agree with that.

Whether or not they're being billed as an iPhone killer, it doesn't matter.... No one will ever dethrone the iPhone, even with a vastly superior interface or features (if that happens). Apple has developed too loyal of a fan base who would literally eat shit straight out of Jobs' ass if it meant they got the new iPhone before everyone else.

That's not to take anything away from the iPhone, as it's a great device, and for the most part, it's the smartest choice as a "smart phone" for your average Joe. However, to say someone would need a specific reason to pick up these Android phones (with better specs in a few regards) is a pretty ignorant statement.

I'll give you two non-specific, very general reasons right off the bat why someone would choose the Android devices first:

1) AT&T sucks balls but Apple won't get out of bed with them because AT&T would give Apple the world to keep the contract. AT&T would (and has) sell out the users of non-iPhones (bandwidth priority) just to keep the contract with Apple. So, you have to go with AT&T or T-mobile without 3G.

2) Flash. I don't care what Steve Jobs says about it; people want it on their mobile devices at the moment, and devices such as the Incredible have the hardware and the screen to properly run whatever you want on Flash. I don't care if HTML5 is the future, it's not the future of NOW.

Below that, I would list specific reasons, but my point is: NO people don't need specific reasons to pick up anything besides the iPhone.

Go ahead and be appalled. That's your prerogative. It's also your prerogative to be ignorant.

You couldn't be more wrong as far as my experience, and I don't need to refute that.

No one will ever dethrone the iphone not because of its fan base, but because of their track record of getting things right. None of the things they have really done are new, but they rework existing ideas and as steve jobs say make it "magic".

How do you think they become fan boys? Consumers vote with their wallets.

I highly disagree it is for the average joe, it is the best product on the market for EVERYONE. By specific i meant if you would like to develop for the android(Waste of time if your after $)

At&t service with the iphone is not that great, it does suck, however I'm also convinced anyone who puts 50m iphones on their network would have the same problems. And truth be told I think at&t has done a great job of ramping it up, the issue was not with data, it is with voice.

Flash again I understand where you are coming from, but it is a business decision, they are taking a hit and deciding what they think is best for the industry and for future growth. Flash kills the battery, Flash ads suck, Flash websites are not like 1999. Apple has always removed things from their products because they don't believe n it, and it has worked wonders so far. I personally have never needed flash, do some poeple do? sure but the majority do not and this is what is RIGHT FOR THEM whether they know it or not.

osx has what 12% market share now? that is redic as it is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than ms latest offering, but people don't know what is good for them.

People are not rational they do not make informed decisions, honestly if you do not run osx, or have a smart phone that is not an iphone again for ANY specific reason and the reasons you give will be fixed in time, not implementation does not know what they are missing.

It's the same thing as if bmw were cheap as hondas and people still bought hondas.