View Single Post
      05-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #24
111R
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lotus

I would have bought a 335i touring or even a 3 series diesel wagon, but the 328i was too heavy for the normally aspired engine for my tastes so I went for a 335i E90. I saw an Audi S4 Avant in Munich that looked better than the S4 sedan. Too bad it's not sold here (with a manual please).

People in the US who embrace SUVs and crossovers, yet claim that they can't stand wagons in general probably have a hang-up about the latter being identified with mommies driving them in the 50's through the 70's. I understand why someone might want an SUV for towing a boat or for winter driving, but most folks buy them because even though they really need a wagon or minivan, they think that they look more rugged or cool in a truck. Crossovers are kind of silly, as it's really the same thing, but usually with minivan or car underpinnings.

I would think that most on this forum would prefer an E91 over a crossover due to the lower center of gravity and better handling.
'17 Audi A4 Ultra, Monsoon Grey, Wife's car
Appreciate 0