07-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
Red Ice BMW
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavG View Post
Yep, fitted mine earlier this week - you gotta make sure the bottom 2 clips are really in, just brace the front bumper from behind so it doesn't flex every time you try and push the bottom clips in and then just push really hard at the bottom of the grill till it clips in.

Alternatively remove the grill completely and align all the clips and push the bottom ones in first then the headlight one and then the top ones.
Eventually got there mate, it was pretty much what you said, the bottom sort of flexed while the top clicked in meaning the bottom hadn't gone in. Started from scratch took my time and boom fixed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
About the screw: I dropped a screw into my engine bay today as a matter of fact. I was freaking out. Just went on my driveway (which is angled a little) and gave the car a little gas, it fell right out. I would try to do that to see if it falls out.
I had a look around the engine bay and it looks to have gone fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B005T3D-G View Post
I did my own grills and never had any issues. Though I agree with the above about not believing the fools that claim to do it in 5 mins. Took me 20 just to get the originals out and a few more popping the new ones in making sure everything was straight and secure.
Yeah getting the first one out was a pain in the hoop haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statler View Post
+1

Did it myself in 20 mins tops, even painted the chromes myself.
Didn't experience any issues removing or replacing the screws.

Probably just lucky... now I'll never make it into the AOotTCH

Bonnet overlaps the bumper and you're only going fast in a forward direction so you should be OK
Showwww offff haha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
We don't want your sort.
Take it I'm out as well now that I've sorted it ??
Appreciate 0