11-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #18
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
Gavin, what are the estimated gains of the 3-stage manifold, MMW headers, quality exhaust and a tune to bring it all together? I want to say around 280bhp and 250 ft-lbs. What do you think? I am scheming a way to build my wife's e91 into something I don't mind driving. Please post audio clips as soon as you have them installed in a car. If this is too loud it will never pass the wifey test. At any rate, good on you for being one of the few to support the naturally aspirated engines.
Assuming you have a 328 e91 - massive.

3 stage, 8-10whp
Headers - 15whp+
good exhaust system - 2-3whp in combo - but it will aid in efficiency of power which is crucial.
AA tune, about 15whp also.

All together that's about 40whp gained.

stock on motor a 328i is 230hp, so lets factor a huge loss of 20% from the drivetrain (it more like 18% in reality for an auto tranny, at least on all the dyno's i've done)

So that's about 50hp gained on motor - Puts you right at the 280hp mark your shooting for.

But with headers and the 3 stage, I would ask for AA to do the "off road" tune they offer... be up closer to 290-300 if Active works the magic i KNOW they can do.

the noise... well the wife will notice. Unless she is Hellen Keller.

I would honestly run it with the OEM exhaust but remove the 2nd cats from the OEM pipes to have the best sound to power gain/ and not make the wife mad.
Appreciate 0