parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom View Post
The car feels nervous at M speeds, and the grip (or lack off) is starting to annoy me now, the TC light comes on at the slightest poke of the throttle (reminds of me what the car was like before I had a LSD fitted). Add on the fact for the last week temp around where I live have not dropped below 5 I'm considering putting my recently acquired summer wheels on....but than I'm worried its going to start snowing as soon as I take them off .

I'm I just expecting too much of the tyres?? I was running Michelin PilotSports run flats previously but they were pretty much worn to the legal limit, I thought a brand new mid range winter tyre with plenty of tread would be at least as good as a top brand worn summer tyre on cold damp roads, but it appears not.
I wrote almost the exact same post this time last year. The conclusion I came to was that it simply hadn't been wintry enough.

The one day we had snow, I made it to work with no issues, passing abandoned cars the whole way, so maybe they do do something. This year, I'm still on my summer tyres - I'm not changing until there is either snow or a very hard freeze forecast.