06-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz06 View Post
I'm not seeing any - despite searches of the posts on this forum. I have a 2011 335i sedan with manual transmission. I must confess that I am finding the thrust is a little less than what I like. I am interested in adding a JB4 w/o downpipe and running in Mode 1. Should I expect that the reliability and driveability of the car will be any less than stock? At the boost levels available with Mode 1, is there any need to replace the charge pipe, or is this just needed for more boost/methanol injection?

My view is that if I break something due to the exploitation of the tune, that it is my problem and I will pay for it. If other stuff happens, as we all know it does, BMW takes care of it. Still I wonder how other JB4 N55 cars are holding up, and I have not found that the forum members had anything negative to say.

My car will not be tracked at all and I see no reason to go beyond the Mode 1capabilities for my purpose, this being my daily driver. I did consider the PPK when I ordered my car, but my dealer advised against it. He said to wait for the Dinan offering for the N55. NOw that it is here, it does not seem like it delivers much performance for the money, and the replacement for the BMW warranty does not seem to be all roses either. Is there any other solution I should be looking at?
There has been many hundred JB4 (N55s) sold in the last few months and feedback has been great. Haven't really heard of any issues, even the dreaded fuel pump and misfire issue from the N54 see not to be presenting themselves on the N55.

On the N54 there are thousands of JB4s out and some have put over 100,000 miles on their cars and everything is holding up well, so I wouldn't worry too much

As for the Charge pipe it has cracked on several stock cars so its a toss up. A lot of guys are changing them out prematurely and I make sure to have a few in stock at all times for the emergency situations.

Mike
Appreciate 0