05-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #126
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal335i View Post
I understand what you are saying but its not 100% right, an auto trans will always lose more power to the wheels than a manual. Granted there is more room for the manual to make mistakes and lose the race but a good stick driver will always do better than an automatic. For example on that day your best run was a 13.27, my best run was a 13.37, you had 17" rims on drag radials, i have 19" rims on crappy tires, you weigh approx. 70-80 lbs less than me and i was on 91 oct and you only did 1/10th better time, i think if your car was a stick you would have pulled 13 flat or maybe even 12.9. Wicked is gonna host another event at Famoso at the end of september, by then we should all have some more mods so im looking foward to doing it again, this time i will def. have a better tire setup
Well I had my own problems that day and don't like to bench race, but I'll take an auto any day on the dragstrip. If we're talking about a standing mile race, thats another story. Let's get together when you have better tires and we can try again!
Appreciate 0