07-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #50
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatre View Post
I know that it's illegal to kill just one person .... But I think there should be a 5-person cushion....

I know stealing just one dollar is illegal ... But I think there should be a 5-dollar cushion...

You know the law (if not, look around - it's posted on those rectangular white signs with black writing), live it or accept the penalty - not too difficult to understand.
And our system is so amazing at enforcing the law so perfectly, right?

Plus, the other laws you mentioned are completely different. You aren't hurting anyone by going 5mph over the speed limit. If you hit someone else at 30mph instead of 25mph I doubt the outcome would be much different. Same with 35 vs. 40....

I do know the law, but I'll take my chances. I've never gotten a ticket, and with our amazing legal system, I could probably get away with 40 in a 35 even if I was pulled over.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0