View Single Post
      06-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravesfan16 View Post
Yesterday I go to get in the car, and hit the seat memory. As soon as I hit it there was the awfulest squal from the car. Finally figured out it was coming from the back speakers. Had to be a short, but car was not on. Turning engine on and off did nothing. After a few minutes of messing with the radio, it totally shutdown (even the time went off). It acted like it totally reset on the radio. After about 30 seconds it came back up, and the noise stopped.

But now the volume on those speakers seems really low and not very "full"

Anyone had speaker problems?
Had the same thing on my 2011, last month. It was awful, just can't drive with that sound.

It was as soon as I unlocked the car and sat inside preparing to leave from work, and then unlocked it for sometime, tried again, no luck. It disappeared the next time I unlocked the car, after leaving it locked for 5 or so minutes. Never turned the engine on.

Have not noticed any difference in the speaker volume, though I never ride in the back seat to know.

Next time it comes back, I might just go visit the stealership.

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0