07-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtac View Post
Woah, gotta get used to taking care of this baby, usually I just take cares to the $10 car wash

I'm a little hesitant to do anything right now, i'll read up a little more last thing I want to do is mess things up by putting too much or too little or completely ruin it some how. I need the right tools, sponges, cloths, etc.. or maybe I should just find someone to do it for me... and I could just maintain it..
Many people find it rewarding to really take care of a car like a true professional. Understandably, not all of us have the time though. If you decide to take it somewhere, do yourself a favor and research their experience and see what others have to say. Nothing is worse than taking your baby to a hack - and unfortunately we see it all the time around here.

Autopia is probably the largest forum dedicated to detailing, you can really learn a lot there. DI also has a very nice knowledge base that outlines the basics of each step of a full professional detail.

As long as you read the labels and understand the function of the products you're using, you won't do any harm. Polishing, in my opinion, requires the most skill and experience to get right. There are a lot of products out there and using a power tool on your new car is intimidating. If you're purchasing a PC or Flex, it would be a good idea to practice on another car or even some pieces from a junkyard.

You could skip the polish for now. It's more important to give it a good wash/clay and apply some nice protection on there.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0