View Single Post
      11-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #16
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
I did bring my GF's car to you. We were quoted $320 initially for both active head restraints including labor. When all was said and done, you asked for $500. I didn't argue.

I will always try to give you my business Long. I just don't like your forgetful memory. If I see a thread and it resonates with me, I'll vent.

Long, the curb rash is still there. You forgot to do it and told me to drive on a work day to meet with Son Tran. I work in Studio City. I live in Glendale. I can't run around like that any more. If I could, I would.

My car was there for over four weeks.

To be clear, RE the extra work, this was all pre-negotiated when I brought the car in: I asked if you could do it and you said you could. It was not tossed in later as kind gesture. I even wrote an email memorializing my request, knowing your hectic schedule and the resulting spotty memory from having so much to do.

I had made my agreement with you and negotiated the terms, to which you agreed. How you execute and perform is not my business. Your miscommunication with your body guy or lack of follow-up is reflection of your business practice and has nothing to do with our agreement.

My car went in with no navigation issues. I turned on the car at your lot for the first time and the navigation did not work. I guess we must write this off as bad timing and coincidence.

Long, I made this clear to you many times. I know you will say this is the first time you are hearing about it but I know to memorialize everything in writing next time.

I don't know what to say. I am sure you know your stuff. I don't have time to investigate. I don't have time to drive to El Monte for a follow up. I only know what the SA tells me. Pacific BMW is less than 2 minutes from where I live in Glendale. I live right by Harvard and Brand; Pacific BMW is just two minutes south on Brand.

If I spoke to you, I'm sure you expect me to drive 30+ miles to El Monte, wait another 3-4 hours in the lobby twiddling my thumbs and drive another 30+ miles back. That I am willing to go to a stealership should signify how little time I have.

I do speak up. When you quote me a price and later I tell you its different, you give me a funny look like I'm crazy and you tell me that you would never give out a price like that because it's below your cost.

When I tell you there is a problem you tell me that you don't believe me.

I would have held all this in, but I read this thread and it just reminded me of everything and I wrote it all down to let it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
I guess I should be clear that this issue I have with LTMW is only with Long.

I have never had this issue with Rene (who did virtually all of my interior work in 2011 and returned it in pristine condition) or Ivan (who I don't think has really worked on my car personally but is always concerned and extremely courteous).

We all want Long to succeed but this forgetfulness and price switching really has to stop.

Time passes and I get over things so I always go back to LTMW because I would prefer to give Long business over others' but then the delays, the price changing, this and that--it boils the blood again.

Or maybe start giving written quotes to people.
I'm not going to lie, I do have a horrible memory. If you know be by now, that should be expected.

On the wheel repair, I can loan you a set of wheels while your wheels are getting repair. In fact, I can drive to you and swap it on the spot and do the same when I get it back from repair. You just let me know when is good for you.

You upgraded your navigation to the CIC. Yes it was working when it came in, but the accident was not part of the CIC and we did not touch any electrical. It was a coincidence it went out, but I had a feeling you blame me for it. So if a guy came in and got an oil change and his turbo blew, is that my fault?

A while back I was thinking about doing written estimate. Maybe it is time to do it.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0