M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaky View Post
That looks like Daytona Grey to me, not Dakota - Dakota (as you mention in the first post) is more of a brown/grey so make sure you are asking for the right colour.

I have just been through the same for my new A6 which I get next Friday - no more Daytona (the flake is made in japan and there is shortage I understand) so opted for Phantom Black instead, Dakota was too brown as was Havana Black and the Oolong grey was like a poor mans Carbon Black!
Cheers for that, I will double check that!!

It is still spec changeable for a long time yet and I am arranging to visit the dealer soon to have a wander around their stock yard. I drove through the other week and they had just about every colour available in there, so am gonna get the swatches out and find my favourite colour.

I did think that particular car looked very 'grey' as I have seem quite a few test drive video's on youtube and all the cars on there seem to be in the grey/brown Dakota colour which I quite like.

I have also got to decide about the interior - virtually all the ones I have seen have the full 'Milano' leather which is quite a tough and grainy leather. My other option is to opt for the Nappa Leather with the Alcantara inserts which I also like, but would like to see in the flesh before ordering!
Appreciate 0