View Single Post
      03-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
chaz58
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328iT

In theory the ED would be cheaper than a local delivery because it doesn't come out of the dealer inventory.

However, my local dealers did not want to negotiate on ED, and I didn't feel like doing the negotiating game with them (I did plenty of that in Thailand :-) so I went out of town to purchase (at invoce +).

FYI - if you want to do ED, and pick up the performace center in SC, you can buy from any dealer in the country. My best guess is that most people are paying $1500 over invoice (ED). People in California tend to get around $500 over invoice if they work at it although I think that is NON-ED (I guess BMW is like a honda out there - go figure).

You should be able to buy your car for $33,500. Anything more, and you are getting screwed. Anything less? You may be able to save a few hundred - depends on how much your time is worth to you I guess.

I reserved some Lufthansa tickets - $1700 in June (high season) + $300 in tax for the second ticket. Total=$2000.

I am sure I could get tickets for now (Feb/March) for under $500 a piece in the open market. IMHO, 2-4-1 is only useful at high season as the Q fare is about $300-$400 over low fares.

You are going to have to pay insurance if you spend more than two weeks in Europe. Yes, the destination charge is the same, ED or off the lot.
Appreciate 0