08-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #283
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
yeah i am pretty satisfied with the COBB and will keep it. I am going to get a LPFP ethanol solution soon. Just holding out till a PnP is available. Rumor has it its soon.

Nice DIY, a little too much for me to do that. But i was curious how the Flex Fuel Kit works, well i understand the intent, but do you have a gauge on the readings of ethanol %'s? I would be really curious how consistent the E85 Pump is. My logs have been very consistent with E50. I log here and there and never had a problem. which leads me to believe i have consistent %'s.

I would like to see your logs w/ E85, LPFP PSI, Trims, etc.
Thanks, the DIY was fairly simple. If you can do a simple DCI bolt on you can do the fuel pump. The hardest part would be soldering the wired but you can also use crimps.

I've heard there is a work of a drop in as well, but if its anything like our current bmw aftermarket prices it'll be marked up by 200%.

As for ethanol percent. It does seem to vary. I filled up on e85 with 1-2 gallons of gas in the tank and it read 60% ethanol. Then after driving to the bay and back i filled it up again on full ethanol when my gauge said 20miles left on the tank. Now its reading at 80%. I'd say its fairly accurate, but is probably a little lower than rated but not by much. I'd say the variance between each pump is probably minimal. I filled up the first time at the natomas shell, then the second time at the west sac shell on the way home from the bay.

If you want some help on the walbro fuel pump install just let me know. Its not that hard at all. I tried e50 (or at least i thought was e50) before adding the pump and my fuel pressure fell below 50 on the lpfp. Thats when i decided to upgrade. Depending on the mileage your car might be doing just fine, but with the increased demand on it, its possible that it'll wear down faster than normal and you'll want an upgraded pump or inline here soon.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0