View Single Post
      12-06-2007, 01:59 PM   #17
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Does it really matter if the engine is a vee or inline or even if it's got 5 or 6 cylinders, surely the most important thing is the output and the torque, if this TT/RS has 350hp and similar torquw from a turbo unit it will surely best the Z4M in acceleration based on it should be at least 140kgs lighter.

As for the rest of it, the DSG 7sp gearbox, well this has been talked about for a while now but as of yet no solid evidence has appeared. The reason why I believe some of the reports are true about it being a 5 cylinder is the weight, this engine in 2.5L form should be lighter than a high-revving 3.6L v6 and that will aid it's handling. Something that Audi seems to be trying very hard to get recognition for and two example of this hard effort can be seen in the RS4 and R8 so why would they fall backwards and produce a dog in the form of the TT/RS.

No, I reckon the TT/RS will be a better handling and performing car than the Z4M in much the same way as the RS4 did compared to the E46 M3 when it was launched.
Appreciate 0