Drives: 08 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerThanU View Post
I have no idea.

-I distroyed 2 plugs in my #2 cylinder in about a months time
-Third plug is already black with carbon after a week
-piston top looks pretty wet with fuel and carbon
-compression test is OK, just a little lower than than the others
-currently not misfiring (just light rumble on cold starts) but I have not done a long 1/4 run on the new plugs yet

I am thinking the injector is done or the coil is not giving enough voltage to get a good burn. I am taking her in under CPO warranty this week to see if they can figure it out. Fingers are crossed that ther is no cylinder or valve damage.
Well ... I am officially depressed. Brought it to the dealer today and they are telling me that at least two of the injectors were replaced or checked, back in May at another BMW dealer, and they botched the install, as these injectors have a broken tab and perhaps O ring???

Either way they do not want to touch it and are telling me that i should go back to the other dealer. Their concerns are that they will not get paid for the work they do, because when they send the parts back to BMW NA, they will see they were installed incorrectly, and deny to pay the claim.

I have been on the phones all day with both dealers and with BMW NA. I am getting no where and to be honest with you, I do not want to go back to the original dealer (Braman BMW Miami) regardless, because they clearly messed it up the first time and I am hearing horror stories on their incompetence .

I went back to the dealer this afternoon and pleaded with their Service Director to work with me. They are looking at it deeper now and I honestly think they best i can hope for from them, is a discount on parts and labor. They will "work with me".

I feel defeated. Again, BMW NA, did not want to work with me at all.
Appreciate 0